.

.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Welcome to Durham, NC

Population: 187035

Just for fun, here are some pictures of our humble abode:

Front of the house:










Kitchen:










Living Room:










It's nothing fancy, but it's home.

Now, for some fun and interesting (or boring) observations on living in NC...

  • If you leave your cookies out uncovered overnight, the get softer rather than harder.
  • The milk cartons from Costco are cool (not a NC thing, I'm sure, but I've never seen it in UT).













  • If you're a Mormon, you never have to wait in line to get a drink at Fuqua Fridays (the business school gives us dinner every Friday... it's called Fuqua Friday) because no one else is drinking soda.
  • People in the South are ridiculously friendly.
  • Streets change names randomly. You're heading down Broad Street and BAM! Suddenly you're on Swift. No warning.
  • All the houses have screened porches.
  • It's easy to feel like I've had a good workout. I break a sweat just by walking to my car.
  • Few people commit to left turns at an intersection. Those who do typically aren't locals.
  • No one speeds (except Brandon).
  • We're close enough to the beach to visit, but far away enough that we don't have hurricanes. Ahhhh...
  • Durham Bulls, baby. I've never seen a city so nuts about their Minor League baseball team
Outside Durham Bulls Stadium










London dancing to the music at the game










The fam










After the game they have fireworks. This is L "ooooh"ing at them.

No comments: