.

.

Monday, March 24, 2008

A Winter Wedding

The last week in February, London and I left the warmth of North Carolina for chilly Utah. I was actually dreading the weather. It had been horrible in Utah a week before we went out and I was thoroughly enjoying running around in t-shirts. My super-fabulous friend, Emily, is worth braving some snow, however. (BTW, London is eating chapstick right now. Just thought I'd mention that) It was her wedding that took us to the City of Salt where, fortunately, the weather turned out to be quite pleasant.

Meridith, Cori, Brandi and I threw a (Mormon) Bachelorette Party for Emily. We had a blast! We started out the night enjoying some chit chat and fondue. We "composed" some pretty hilarious bachelorette-themed madlibs and then presented Emily with some scandalous gifts. Since we hadn't had enough to eat at this point, we headed out for dessert... which turned into appetizers and dessert on accident. We ate ourselves silly, had a waitress that wanted to sit down at our table and be our new friend, and Emily and I are still not completely sure our margaritas were virgin. Perfect!

A few more images from our night:


I wish I had some pictures from the wedding day. The weather was perfect, Jake was hilarious, and Emily looked stunning. Oh, and of course I have to mention that the food was delish. I love food.

In contrast to our trip out at Christmas, London loved spending time with her grandparents. I'm sure not being sick helped. Unfortunately, I got sick again, so I didn't get many pictures. London had an absolute ball playing with her cousins, though. Especially pizza night at Grandma and Grandpa Sewells, which I spent sulking and shivering on the couch. Despite my lack of personality that night, Mama Sewell was kind enough to take good care of me and keep me properly medicated. Thanks, mom :)





Playing and singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star


Yelling "TA DAH!" after her performance


Pretty little flower girl

I'll close with a London funny: We went to IHOP one afternoon with my parents. The waiter asked for our drink orders and, without skipping a beat, London said "milk!" She then informed him that she would like a "chessbewger." I guess we eat out too much when we travel. I can't believe how big and independent (and smart!) she's getting.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I loved the part about London ordering food. She is so big! Too bad I didn't get to see you while you were here!

Emily said...

What fun! I love all the stories. It makes me feel like I'm part of your life. *sniff*