.

.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

10 Things I've Learned from Nursery

I (along with fabulous Audrey) am one of the junior nursery leaders in our ward. I have never been looked at so sympathetically than I was by half the ward when I got the call. I still don't get what all the fuss is about; toys, snacks, stories... what's not to love? Sure, I got puked on once, but I also got some nice soap and candy from the little one's mom. Plus, I get to watch London interact with all the other kids, and that's fun. At any rate, here are 10 things I have learned from the 18 mo - 2-year-old kiddos in the Durham 2nd Ward:

  1. It is literally impossible for little boys to sit still
  2. Crayons = yummy
  3. Bubbles can fix almost anything
  4. Your snacks taste better than mine
  5. When surrounded by a group of toddlers, one must always have tissues close by
  6. That toy is lame... until someone else wants to play with it, at which point it becomes a hot item
  7. Nursery leaders really aren't irritated with your or your child when he/she has a hard time adjusting
  8. Even at such a young age, our little ones are listening and learning what we teach (no matter how short the lesson)
  9. I have a lot of patience
  10. It's a lot easier to love other people's kids than one might think

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh Julie...I am going to miss you miserably. The nursery kids will too. Thank you for being sooo AWESOME! I really don't see what the big deal is with nursery. Those people can take their sympathetic eyes and look deep into a mirror. Just kidding. Gosh we have snacks, toys, music, bubbles...stickers. What could be more fun. Have fun in Texas and we will see you in a few months. Keep in touch and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Walker Family said...

Wow I can't believe you are moving to Texas. That will be a fun adventure!!

Meagan said...

When are you moving? When will you be going back? Any stops to SLC? We miss you...L is getting SOOOO big. She's such an adorable little girl.

Lindsay said...

You guys do such a great job in nursery! Thanks!!