.

.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Don't Mess.

If you can believe it, our stay in Texas is already 1/3 over. I suppose I ought to share my thoughts on the state before we pack up and head out again.

It's kind of interesting how easily we transitioned to life in Texas. I was stressed and scared of the world when we left Utah. Now, I think we've just gotten used to being on our own and not having a clue where we're going. I didn't think I was capable of growing up and adapting to whatever it is life has to offer, but I guess I am.

So far we're enjoying ourselves. Yes, it's hot, and yes, it's humid, but it doesn't seem to be as hot or as humid as NC, so we kind of feel like we've been there, done that. Dell is taking really good care of us. They've set us up in a nice, large, furnished apartment in a great location. We're close to just about everything, including Bran's office. We've had a lot of fun outings on the weekends, details of which will be provided in another post.

Brandon is enjoying his time with Dell. He builds a lot of fancy graphs and models, gets along well with his co-workers, and his boss is pleased with him. What more can you ask for?

As usual, London is being a little trouper. Occasionally she'll ask if she can go to Molly's house (her little friend from Durham), but for the most part she enjoys spending time with mom and dad. She's an easy kid to get along with, so I'm sure she'll soon have a bunch of little friends here, too.

I never really give much of an update on London herself, so I'll do that now while I'm rambling. She is such a fun little thing. She has a real passion for music and it's fun to watch her when she hears something that has a strong beat that she likes. She doesn't dance like she did a year ago (I'll have to post her dance video sometime), but freezes and just takes it in, occasionally bouncing to the beat a bit. You can tell it just captivates her. We started her in a little dance class last week and she seems to be in her element. She reminds me a lot of a little me. :)

I know I don't have much to compare her with, and I may be a bit biased, but she sure is smart. Her memory is amazing. She remembers (and repeats) everything. She's starting to enjoy "reading" her books, and she does pretty well. We're surprised how little coaxing she needs to remember everything on a page. She's starting to figure out counting and knows what her name looks like (when written in all caps). She's very expressive, and everything is either "SO cute," "SO bea-ful (beautiful), " "SO funny," "SO silly," or "SO cool."

As for me, I just love seeing my husband so much. It's strange having him home so early, and on weekends. There's no homework and no house to work on. We've never had this before, so we're really relishing it. I'm really hoping this is an indication of what life will be like after graduation.

3 comments:

Emily said...

At first I was thinking, "Who's Dell? He sure sounds like a nice man." heh... I'm special.

Audrey said...

I am not biased and I can honestly tell you London is a genius. Wow, you've got quite a girl.

Chemenn said...

London sure sounds like her mama!