In case the winter weather is getting you down (which probably isn't the case for those of us in NC), let me take you back to October for a bit as we reminisce about the NC State Fair, which was forever ago.
Neither Brandon nor I had ever been to a fair before (at least that I can remember. Mom and Dad, you can correct me if I'm wrong), so it was kind of exciting for us to see what it's all about. As soon as we made our way to the indecisive ticket window, I knew we were in for a treat.
Neither Brandon nor I had ever been to a fair before (at least that I can remember. Mom and Dad, you can correct me if I'm wrong), so it was kind of exciting for us to see what it's all about. As soon as we made our way to the indecisive ticket window, I knew we were in for a treat.

And, a treat it was indeed! I don't know if all state fairs are like this one, but it was like walking into Candyland on crack.

London's first look at all the bright lights, food stands, and stuffed animals.
As I've mentioned in previous blogs, Brandon and I are huge Food Network fans. Okay, I'm a huge Food Network fan, but Brandon is a huge Bobby Flay fan. He was a Bobby Flay fan before he was, you know, THE Bobby Flay. So, we were excited to see that he was paying our humble little state fair a visit. We even scored free tix on Craigslist. We didn't have the greatest seats, so I couldn't get a picture of him that was both in focus and close-up, but if you squint your eyes and tilt your head slightly to the left, you can tell it's him. Oh, and if you didn't figure this out on your own, this is why L named her gorilla Bobby Flay. In our house there is Bobby Flay and the REAL Bobby Flay. L refers to both often, so please know the difference.

The chicks really were cute.
I was impressed with how careful she was when holding them.
She seemed pretty pleased with herself as well.

Brandon, on the other hand, was all about the caramel apples.
I mean, he was ALL ABOUT THEM. :)
(Ah, the things he'll do to amuse me. What a guy.)

Am I feeding my kid a moldy corndog?
NO! Something way more gross! It's a deep fried Snickers bar on a stick.
Honestly, it wasn't horrible, but I'd suggest sticking with the original.
All in all, I give the fair a thumbs up. We didn't ride any rides (we both refuse to climb aboard any attraction that can be assembled or disassembled within a day), but we had a blast. More importantly, L had a blast. By the time we made it home, she was plumb wore out. :)











7 comments:
The fair here is one of our favorite things to go do each year. I don't think we have missed one since high school.
"A fair's not a fair without a smogsabord, orgsabord, orgasbord...." I LOVE fair food! It's the reason I go to them at all because, like you pointed out, rides=scary, animals=creepy and disgusting. But roasted corn, scones, funnel cakes? Yes, please!
julie, I can't believe you didn't like the deep-fried snickers!! I remember walking around the fair in NC last year 38 weeks pregnant and the snickers was delicious to me. I'm really missing the NC winter. Nebraska's winter is brutal! So do something fun outside for me.
It looks like you guys had so much fun! We went to the fair the year before and we thought it was a pretty good fair also! I LOVE carmel apples! yum yum! We miss you guys! lots of love-
Looks like tons of fun! I wonder if we were there the same day? I'm learning from others that there are specific stands to get specific food items from, and that the deep fried candy-bars are actually better when hot? I don't know, I'm with you on that one, we shared some, but I think I would have rather had another ear of corn!
I love that first picture! That is too funny.
LOVE it! Looks like you had a blast and London just keeps getting cuter all the time! We miss you guys and can't wait till we can eventually meet up again :)
Post a Comment