.

.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life and Science Museum

We've lived in Durham for almost two years now and we just now hit the Life and Science Museum for the first time. Pathetic, I know. We will definitely be going back. It's an awesome place and we're so luck to have it right around the corner.

We didn't spend much time inside the museum. All L wanted to do was see the animals, so we went right outside to see the bears, wolves and various farm animals. London especially liked the bears and giggled as she asked if they were going to eat us. I'm not sure she understands that being eaten by a bear probably doesn't feel that good.



We did get indoors after a while so London could see the creepy crawlies and the butterflies. Oh my... the butterflies. If I could live in that exhibit, I would. A warm 80-something degrees, beautiful tropical flowers, air conditioned benches, and birds and butterflies everywhere. I asked Brandon if we could get one in our backyard someday. I'm sure he'll look into it. :)

The best part about the butterflies is that they actually let you hold them. Is there anything cooler for a little girl? Or a big one, for that matter. We learned that butterflies tend to like girls more than boys b/c they smell sweeter, and they are partial to those with blonde or red hair and those with blue eyes. Well, we were their favorite people, then! They also get comfortable around people rather quickly and, once you get your hands on them, they'll stick around for quite some time. Amazing little things.



London loved chasing the butterflies and was the only little kid there that wanted to hold them, so she got her fair share of butterfly time. If you enlarge the collage, you can see the butterfly she's almost got her hands on in the middle picture on the left side. He had very vibrant blue wings and she chased him everywhere. She called him "my little blue friend."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: