Last night as I was laying in bed I suddenly started to think about Rexburg. Man, I really love that place. If I could I would fly to Salt Lake, hop in the car, and drive the fabulous four hours it takes to get there. I know Rexburg has an airport, but the drive was half the fun (dilly cow). As Brandon was trying his hardest to fall asleep, he kept on having to force out "I'm listening" sounds as I spent at least a good half hour listing the places I would want to visit and why. Here's a drive-by version:
Birch Plaza, Birchwood, and Birchwood II - all places I called home. I lived in American Manor, too, and had a blast there, but nothing beats Birch.
Mill Hollow - this one is obvious. Who doesn't love Mill Hollow?!? I'd kill for one of their sandwiches and a fro yo right now.
China King - was it the Teriyaki Chicken that was so good? The owners were fabulous, too. I think we ate there at least twice a month.
Broulim's - You've never shopped associated foods until you've shopped Broulim's.
Teton Lanes - Best bowling in Rexburg! The lanes aren't as beat up as the ones in the MC, though I think I'd like to go bowling there, too.
MC - at lunch time for potato soup in a bread bowl. I think Brandi and I went there almost every week during the winter. I'd also go hang around the ballrooms upstairs and pretend I was still a dancer.
Smith Building - I don't think I could run up the four flights of stairs as quickly as I used to when I was late for class, but it'd be fun to try (once).
Sugar City - I'd just drive up and stop in to visit the Cherrington family because they're some of the coolest people I've ever met. They'd probably feed me a full homemade meal, set me loose in the backyard to play with the kids for a while (who are all grown up now, I'm sure), then we'd sit in the living room and sing songs while Bro. Cherrington played his guitar.
Okay, there's my list. Those of you who went to Ricks/BYU-I (don't make me call you out by name), comment about what you miss about Rexburg and where you'd go if you had the chance to visit.
4 comments:
I love Rexburg. Jules, I think you've covered the best parts. Since my Grandma lives in Rexburg, Erik and I do visit occasionally. We usually make a stop at Mill Hollow. Mmmmm . . . Mill Hollow. Did I mention I love Rexburg?
Hey! I love the blog! Brandi just told me about it! How fun - it sounds like life is exciting and good. How fun to see your little girl! Hmm, I can't think of my favorite part of Rexburg - probably the fact that everything during that time was just good memories! Don't forget the wonderful drives out to wingers! :)
LOL, oh laws, Katie. Popping in "our tape" and driving as fast as I can while you and Jamie braided my hair... how could I forget? Wingers rocked. I've never been fired from a cooler job :)
Okay, so let's just say I'm way too old and couldn't even remember the names of some of the places...but you brought it all back to me!! I loved Ricks, I can't remember the names of where I even stayed but I do remember my crazy nights of stealing cactus'...I'll have to tell you about it sometime!
Post a Comment