.

.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Beach Bums

The day after we returned from Arizona we headed out to the coast to join our friends in Emerald Isle. It was a perfect way to finish up our spring break! We're so lucky that we live so close to the beach and know some pretty alright folks that allow us to enjoy it with them.


I bet you all didn't know that I am a wicked pool shark --
that's because I'm not. I genuinely suck. But don't I look good doing it ;)



The weather was a tiny bit chilly, but the pool out back was nice and warm. We love London's too-cute swimming suit we found at one of the local surf shops. She's so stylin'. Daddy and baby girl soaked up some sun while I boycotted the pool altogether. I was actually boycotting my swimming suit, but they kind of go hand-in-hand.






We let London sit all by herself at the kid's table. Even though she could barely see over the top of it, she felt very independent and grown up. She didn't throw any of her food on the floor and waited patiently for one of us to retrieve her after she declared that she was "all done! all done! all done!" No worries; she resumed normal behavior once we returned home.






Here are our little ones living in the lap of luxury. What could be better than watching Sponge Bob Square Pants on a massive screen while sitting in a recliner that could easily fit 12 of you? Shutting the door, drawing the curtains so the parents can't see in, and demanding popcorn every 5 minutes, that's what. (and, evidently, stuffing an entire purple necklace in your mouth)





Now for your viewing pleasure -- the kiddos playing charades!

click here to view pictures


The rest of the pics:

click here to view pictures

We had so much fun and can't wait for our next trip to the coast!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

What a fantastic vacation!