I was very tempted to throw L a birthday party, but I knew there was no way I could fit more than 3 people in my apartment, and the weather didn't look like it was going to cooperate with a day at the park (and a little voice in my head kept saying, "She's only TWO"), so I held off. In time I came to realize that London would far prefer a day with mom and dad than she would with anyone else. I'm pretty confident we made the right choice.
Brandon took off early Wednesday morning to attend some day-long meeting for club presidents (he is one of the new co-presidents of the LDSSA, the business school's LDS club). Fortunately for L and me, he found it to be quite boring and skivved off early. The weather turned out to be quite pleasant, so we grabbed some Mickey D's (mmmmmm) and headed off to the park.


Big girl went down the twisty slide all by herself
BUBBLES!After the park we headed home for some presents, cake and ice cream. Thanks to the (sometimes working) wonders of technology, London's grandparents were able to sing to her and watch her open presents on the webcam. Grandma and Grandpa Sewell's package got here a few days late (and we've since lost our camera, so we don't have any pictures of the contents), so they "joined" us for the opening of L's gift from Brandon and me.
"Finally, they let me open the big Care Bear package
that has been taunting me for days"
"That's all?"
"Oh, there's something in there!"
"Paano!"
Unfortunately, her piano only came with one leg, so we weren't able to put it together for her that night. She was so upset when we packed it back up a few days later to exchange it. Thanks to Meagan for helping us decide us what piano to get!
Grandma and Grandpa Sewell sent London a fun fish book that she is obsessed with. They also sent lots of clothes, including a t-shirt that they got in Hawaii. We'll take pictures once we find our camera. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!
Next we "met" with Grandma and Grandpa Fairbanks to open the gifts they sent.
She got a My Little Pony
(and the 7-year-old in me squeals with delight)
Some CD's
Stickers
And, of course...
Her Uniqua mirror Grandpa picked out!
"Finally, they let me open the big Care Bear packagethat has been taunting me for days"
"That's all?"
"Oh, there's something in there!"
"Paano!"Unfortunately, her piano only came with one leg, so we weren't able to put it together for her that night. She was so upset when we packed it back up a few days later to exchange it. Thanks to Meagan for helping us decide us what piano to get!
Grandma and Grandpa Sewell sent London a fun fish book that she is obsessed with. They also sent lots of clothes, including a t-shirt that they got in Hawaii. We'll take pictures once we find our camera. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!
Next we "met" with Grandma and Grandpa Fairbanks to open the gifts they sent.
She got a My Little Pony(and the 7-year-old in me squeals with delight)
Some CD's
Stickers
And, of course...
Her Uniqua mirror Grandpa picked out!Thanks so much for the great presents! Thanks, also, to Derron, Shelley, Reagan and Lauren who sent L her very first giftcard. After much deliberation, it was used to purchase her very own copy of They Might Be Giant's "Here come the ABC's."
After presents it was time for cake and ice cream. I let L pick out what she wanted. She chose chocolate cake with strawberry frosting, green icing (which was quickly removed from her cake once I realized you can't write legibly with crappy store icing), and star sprinkles. My favorite part was the ice cream. She chose Blueberry Pomegranate Dark Chocolate Chunk. I have no idea why, but I suspect it was because it's purple. I tried to steer her in another direction, as I thought it sounded kind of gross, but to no avail. We were pleasantly surprised in the end, though. It's pretty tasty.
The candle wasn't even lit before she was sneaking a taste
Yum!
After presents it was time for cake and ice cream. I let L pick out what she wanted. She chose chocolate cake with strawberry frosting, green icing (which was quickly removed from her cake once I realized you can't write legibly with crappy store icing), and star sprinkles. My favorite part was the ice cream. She chose Blueberry Pomegranate Dark Chocolate Chunk. I have no idea why, but I suspect it was because it's purple. I tried to steer her in another direction, as I thought it sounded kind of gross, but to no avail. We were pleasantly surprised in the end, though. It's pretty tasty.
The candle wasn't even lit before she was sneaking a taste
Yum!Hope you had a great day, Buggie. We couldn't ask for a greater (big) kid!

5 comments:
What a fun day...Happy Birthday Longon:)
London!!!
I have been wondering if you had a blog. I am so excited to have it so we can keep in touch since I never get on myspace anymore. Next time you are in SL we should get together and have lunch or something.
Happy Birthday little L. Sounds like a great day! Sorry to bail on Sunday...hope all went well:(
Happy belated Birthday London!
Post a Comment