.

.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Go West! - Leg Three (and a half)

Our night in Jackson was interesting. Remember the rain in Alabama? Yeah, that was nothing. It was a literal downpour the entire night and well into the next morning. We practically had to swim our way to breakfast. I sat down to watch the weather channel and learned that there were flash floods in Austin. I asked Brandon what on earth we were doing. Moving every few months, driving all over the country in crazy weather... sometimes, I think I might just want to go home. But, the call of the unknown and our need for adventure is too strong. And, we have loans to pay. So, we move forward. :)


From Jackson we cruised though Louisiana, stopping in Dallas, TX.


We were heading out of MS when we suddenly found ourselves on this really cool bridge. We were like, "Wow! Check this huge bridge out!" ... and then we realized that we are idiots. I suppose they named it the Mississippi River for a reason.

We took a break in Ruston, LA for a couple of hours. Brandon's brother, Nate, will be moving here at the end of the summer to get his Ph.D at Louisiana Tech, so we were looking at some housing options for him (BTW, Nate and his wife, Laura, welcomed our cute niece, Abby, into their family this very day!)

We didn't see any more rain,
but we did have some really cool looking grey skies.

For some reason I was absolutely in love with our hotel in Dallas.
It had been recently remodeled and looked really nice.
It was huge (2 bd, 2ba), had granite countertops, flat screen tv's,
and really comfortable beds. Ahhhhhhhh...

The next morning we took off for Round Rock. It was supposed to only be a short 3 hour drive. However, in the middle of Nowhere, TX, we found ourselves in a virtual parking lot. We literally didn't move for 45 minutes. Texans are a different breed. Brandon and I were completely amused as we watched everyone get out of their cars and walk around. They were making friends with everyone, speculating about what the hold up was, passing along news they had heard... it was just funny.



This way to Round Rock!

Here is our first glimpse of our new home!

After 3.5 long days, we made it. I can't even tell you how great London was through the whole thing. She got a bit restless one or two times, but she really was remarkable. She's such a good girl.

7 comments:

Meridith said...

London is so cute!! I'm glad she was so good! Zoe would have driven everyone crazy before the end of day one!

By the way . . . we also have a little GPS friend. He's English and his name is Thomas. We should get our little guys together for a play date next time you're in Utah ;-)

Betsy said...

Woo hoo...you made it. I'm pretty sure my favorite was the interpretive dance photo...and London of course...she's such a little girl!!!

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you guys made it in one piece. Aren't road trips the best! :) And, long live Josh Groban...I'll have to see that interpretive dance when you get back.

Mandy said...

Yeah!! I found you! It's Mandy.
I saw your parents last weekend and they told me you had a blog. Your little London is SO cute!! She looks just like her mama. When are you moving back to Utah? or when are you going to visit? I haven't seen you in years. K take care
love ya
Mandy

Kristi said...

Yeah!! I found you, too! I found your link from Brandi's. Congrats on making it to your destination. Any successful trip with a child in tow is a reason to celebrate. London is beautiful, and well, how could she not be with a mother like you. Email me if you would like to see our blog. I would love to hear from you. You sure have a cute little family! Kristi

Audrey said...

London is such a trooper. Wow, I thought your little girl was amazing before but she has me floored. Have fun this summer. Your missing out on 100+ degree weather plus humidity this week. We miss you.

The Kimber Crew said...

Glad you guys made it. Sounds like a fun trip. We had fun our trip from Durham to Columbus, NE. Thank goodness for good daughters, I hear ya! Lydia was an angel. And don't worry about the failed attempts of taking state sign pictures. I can't do it either!
--Brenna