.

.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Go West! - Leg Two

Day two took us from Atlanta, through Alabama, to Jackson, Mississippi.

Good Morning!
L wanted her hair done just like mine. She looks so grown up.

She liked her new 'do so much, she wanted to make sure it stayed in place.

Here are Buggie and Daddy waiting for the valet to bring our car to the front of the hotel. Notice the scaffolding over their heads. Turns out, a tornado whipped through the city in March, damaging a bunch of the buildings. This bit of information helped me sleep extra soundly up in our room on the 350th floor.







Welcome to Alabama - the Beautiful!

Just in case there is any doubt that AL is, indeed, beautiful,
these roadside flowers at 80 mph should seal the deal for you.


We took a short detour when we reached Talladega, AL. We were hoping to meet Ricky Bobby, but he was nowhere to be seen. How disappointing.


About half way through AL, London was starting to get a little antsy. Fortunately, Jack came to our rescue. We told him we needed a park, and he provided one. A nice one, too. There were a few Alabaman's (yes, I made that up) gathered around with their kids, and I have to say--they had the THICKEST accents. The folks in NC have nothin' on them. They were really cute.





I was surprised when L decided to go down the slide head first. I guess being cooped in the car for hours left her with a need for adventure. Unfortunately for her, we were only at the park for about 10 minutes before it began to rain and we had to make a mad dash for the car.








Did I say rain? I meant pour. I don't think I've ever driven in such a rainstorm. It wasn't so much the heaviness of the rain as it was how long it stayed heavy. I made Brandon turn on the radio because I was sure we were about to be hit with a tornado or something. We couldn't hear the news stations due to the large droplets of rain hitting the windows, so we settled in with some Josh Groban. It ended up being quite the performance:

Brandon joined in with the vocals

I took care of the choreography

The rain followed us into Mississippi. I know, this is a really impressive picture. Brandon made fun of me for a good 5 minutes for my inability to take a picture of a huge, stationary sign. This actually turned into an ongoing joke (for him, I'm not sure it was that funny) as I failed to take a picture of every single state sign from this point forward.







This is what Bran looks like when he's making fun of his cute wife. I snapped a picture because I wanted to remember what a sweetheart I married. :)











The rain ceased and the clouds parted as this glorious semi,
and its profound message, glided down the freeway

On to Jackson!

6 comments:

Barry said...

Haha! I LOVE the pictures of the road signs. Ya know what, though, taking any picture at 80mph is nearly impossible. How cool that you guys get to see so much of the country, though! :)

Jules said...

If anyone could take a picture at such a speed, it would be you, Barry. Come to think of it, I'm slightly embarrassed that you're looking at pictures I've taken. It's kind of like having Julia Child over for dinner.

Walker Family said...

Travis would be so jealous that you went the Talledaga racetrack. Your road trip looks like fun and that it went well. I can't wait to hear about the rest of it.

Emily said...

Wow...valet parking? What kind of hotel DID you stay at?

The Richards Family said...

I am so lost! Are you living in Austin now? For how long? Christian just returned home from there yesterday from a business trip. Sea World was well worth going to!

Audrey said...

I love your choreography! You guys crack me up.