.

.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Happy Balentimes!

I can't tell you the last time I celebrated Valentine's Day in any capacity, except maybe a "Happy Valentine's Day" as we walked out the door in the morning. I do know that Brandon and I had our first date the day after V-Day in 2003, but that was a coincidence. We don't really do Hallmark Holidays. :) (Now, lest anyone think that my darling husband isn't sweet or romantic, let me assure you that I do get my share of flowers and little gifts, I just get them on random days when he thinks of doing a little something extra on his own rather than on days where the date tells him he HAS to.)

Having an almost 3-year-old (*sob*) seems to have breathed a little bit of life into these stale, useless holidays that have barely been acknowledged since the beginning of college when EVERYTHING had to be made into a huge deal. And, you know what? It's kind of fun. It's all still driven by commerce and marketing, but her excitement makes me not really care so much. I was actually grateful that we were having a Valentine exchange at Music Makers because it gave us a chance to make the holiday fun and special for her. Plus, I got to hear her say "balentimes" a bunch, and that's just downright cute.


Crafting the box to collect her goodies


The final product


The "MBA kids" all loaded up with sugar
Easton, Max, and L


Yum!

3 comments:

Larissa said...

Love the "MBA kids" picture. I'm glad London took the Valentine's Scrooge out of you! :)

Meridith said...

London is adorable! You are such a good mom! We miss you guys!!

Amy said...

She certainly is cute! Balentines... very cute! We also didn't celebrate as much before the kids came. They change everything.