.

.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

She Didn't Miss the Point...

Today we got a couple of more books for L: You Are Special and You Are Mine by Max Lucado. I think most people are familiar with these stories, but for those who aren't, they are about little wooden people named Wemmicks. They tend to get caught up in silly things like trying to collect the most toys or have the most star stickers, all because it makes them feel important. The stories focus on a Wemmick named Punchinello who learns about his real value by visiting with his maker, a woodcarver named Eli.

We immediately sat down and read through both books. After we finished the stories, we were looking at the covers and she pointed at the characters. I pointed at Punchinello and asked who it was. I was impressed when she very clearly said "Punchinello." I then pointed at Eli and asked who that was. While I recognize that she was merely identifying a man with a beard, I was still even more impressed with her second response: "Jesus."

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I love those stories! I need to go dig them out of the bookshelf and read them to my girls. Thanks for the idea! Hope you are feeling well!

Anonymous said...

That is a cute story and she is such a precious girl.

Emily said...

I love that story. I get choked up when I read it. I know. I'm a nerd.

btw, I love L.