
Adios North Carolina! Day one of our trip took us from Durham, through South Carolina, to Atlanta, GA. We packed up our poor car, most likely surpassing whatever weight limit it's supposed to hold, locked up our garage (we hope it's not empty when we get back), and started driving in the general direction of Texas. Fortunately, we had the newest member of our family, Jack, with us. Jack is our beloved GPS. He has a cool Australian accent and makes sure we never (or rarely) go astray. If you enlarge the picture to the right, please notice the huge piece of pizza that L has in her hand. This was the first of many poor diet choices over the next few days.

We drove straight through South Carolina before stopping for dinner in the great city of Levonia, GA. I was so excited when we passed this old school Hardee's. I found myself dreaming of a daddy/daughter date to get cinnamon buns on a Saturday morning. Mmmm... I wonder how many total hours I spent playing in the ball pit at Hardee's as a kid. It's kind of gross to think about. I'm sure those things are so dirty. I'm lucky I didn't get a fungus.

The rest of our trip to Atlanta was fairly unremarkable. I have to say, though, that London was absolutely perfect. She didn't whine even once about being stuck in a car all day. We're so lucky to have such a pleasant and even-tempered daughter. Here she is trying on my shoes before hitting the sack.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! I remember when you bought those shoes! I was jealous of them.
And now, they're just old and past the age of retirement.
Post a Comment