.

.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Our Little Caboose

Many have waited patiently (or not so patiently) for more pictures of our darling Hadley. Trust me, as I indicated in the post with her birth announcement, she is definitely worth waiting for.

And wait she made us do. London was born 2 days before her due date, and once I had any sign of labor, she showed up within 24 hours. Hadley was such an active little fetus that I expected she was eager to make an appearance. I knew she'd come early. I never expected her to have to be evicted. But evicted she was, 10 days overdue. Can you tell? I'm surprised she wasn't delivered via my bellybutton.


Pregnancy must have made me a little mental the second time around because for some reason I thought I wanted to attempt a natural birth. London came so fast that I almost missed the opportunity to have an epidural with her and I guess that made me think that if I went into it expecting no meds that I could do it. Not sure why, but I guess it was something I felt I wanted to conquer. I'm such a fool. :) They say that when labor is induced that it is much stronger and more painful. In case you are wondering if this is an old wives tale, let me assure you. It isn't.

I'm getting a little ahead of myself...

On March 11, Brandon and I dropped our little lady L off at our good friends' house for an overnight playdate (thanks, Harmons! :) ) and headed out to the hospital to prep for my induction, which was supposed to be the following day. Hadley wasn't even close to making an appearance, so that evening I was given a drug, Cervidil, to "get things going" so to speak. I was to be induced the following morning. The doctor told me that, occasionally, a woman will go into labor just off the Cervidil. Thinking back to my quick labor with L, I thought I might be a candidate. Yep. We checked into the hospital at 5, got the Cervidil at 6:30, by about 7:30 or 8 I told Brandon that he probably shouldn't be counting on heading home for the evening, and I met my beautiful baby girl at 11:28.

I'm sure you guessed that I wussed out and got an epidural. Honestly, though, I probably would have died if I didn't get one, and I'm only partially joking. I really think I could have delivered London without one. I was about to the transition phase with her when I got drugged up, and I was just starting to think that I would either throw up or pass out. This time, I was actually crying by 4 cm (oh, and I got there so fast that my doc's jaw just about hit the floor. It was a little amusing). I would have kissed the anesthesiologist if I didn't feel that cutting him a big fat check wasn't payment enough. That, and it would have been a little awkward.

So, without further ado or, much to the gentle reader's relief, more details, I present (for the second time) our little Hadley Ann:

Just seconds old.
She sounded just like London.


Buggie getting her first peek at her baby sis
(Look how cute her hair is. Summer, you're so fun.)

Love at first sight

I love how L just kept looking at Had like she was the cutest thing ever.




Welcome to the world, Hadley! We love you and we're so excited to have you join the Sewell Train!


7 comments:

Larissa said...

The girls are back in town! So nice to see you again! :) And, I love the pictures. xoxoxo

Emily said...

This family of yours....I love them.

Nate and Laura said...

Awwww, Love it:) Thanks for all the fun details, and we can't wait to meet her and see you guys soon!

Tasha said...

Yahoo! FINALLY!! :-) I love the pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing I hope that there are more to come!

Amy said...

So she is the caboose... for now! It was fun to read about her arrival and see those pictures! Miss you!

Meridith said...

Your family is so stinkin' cute!

Kathleen said...

I love it! Lookin' good, and told feel bad about an epidural! Three induced labors later, I don't have a problem with them at all, or think I'm less of a woman because I got one or three ;) I don't think you are either as an aside ;)